Joy

Joy
Joy can be found anytime, anywhere.

Weekends

Weekends are sometimes strange things.  Sometimes I have nothing planned and it goes wonderfully and other times I have so many things planned it is disorienting.  This was one of those weekends.

Saturday started with me thinking I had nothing to do other than head to the grocery store for milk, eggs and creamer. So, I'm hungry, and what I want to make involves eggs so I tell Deron I'm going to run to the store.  he wants to come along because he'd like to run a couple errands too.  Ok.... I guess I can wait.  So, we hop in the car and start running errands (5 total) and I realize that we can't go to the store until last.  I find myself getting a bit grumpy when suddenly, Deron takes us through McDonald's to get me a sausage McMuffin with egg.  He remembered why I had originally wanted to go to the store, new I was hungry and had decided right away to get me something to eat.  That made me feel so much better.  {Ok - I know that sandwich is like a heart attack on a bun, but I don't eat them very often.... it was a treat}  So, a small kindness, was my Joy that day.

Sunday was the opposite kind of day.  It was packed with things I had to do.  I felt like I was constantly in the car going here and there.  Plus, Madison had the stomach flu which was a bummer.  Mallory was also having a hard weekend due to issues going on in her social circle.  Deron was in Dallas.  It was all me.  I wasn't sure what I was going to write about here.  Yes, the Packers won but the game is not as much fun without my hubby.  then, last night, after Madison and Melody had gone to bed, I asked Mallory if she wanted to watch a movie with me.  I chose the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  i knew she had never seen it and figured she could use some cheering up.  It was a good time.  I think she forgot her troubles for a little bit, and we both enjoyed laughing together after a long day.  So, sometimes, just hanging out together can be just the joy you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment