Joy

Joy
Joy can be found anytime, anywhere.

Fun stuff

It's been a busy few days here.  Thursday I worked on cleaning the basement.  Seems like a never ending chore.  All the toys are down there.... and there are A LOT of toys.  At first I was annoyed to be cleaning it.  Then, after awhile of jamming out to Billy Joel, I found myself having a pretty good time.  I was singing loudly and shimmying around while putting stuff away.  So, I managed to make my own joy with simply adding some fun music.

Friday's joy was curling up on the couch with Melody watching It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.  I love the classic Charlie Brown cartoons.  The fact that I can share that bit of my childhood with my own kids is wonderful.  Plus, how can you not smile when your 9 year old says "He'll have a nice rock collection." while watching poor Charlie Brown only get rocks while everyone else gets candy. :)

Saturday night was a fun Halloween Hafla.  Four of us in troupe went down to Illinois with our teacher Laura in the shimmymobile to perform.  Our performance was great!  Laura's was awesome!  The ride there and the ride back was full of ups and downs (and u-turns) that at some points just had me smiling at the craziness of it all.  Again, it is always a joy to ride with my friends in the shimmymobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment