Joy

Joy
Joy can be found anytime, anywhere.

Crazy dance fun!

First I need to mention Thursday - my joy for that day was Christmas shopping for my niece and nephew.  I'm sure there will be more than one day where I have joyous shopping experiences.  I love Christmas - everything about it - and so I will be finding joy in all its facets.

Friday - Sunday - I spent my weekend at The Great Lakes Bellydance Convention in Ann Arbor, MI.  The days were full of fun, friends, dance, food, learning and everything else that makes for a joyous experience.  It would be redundant to go through each of the three days.  I was so filled with joy each moment I was there.  It was truly an amazing time spent with friends.  I can't wait to go back next year!

Monday - Deron will be out of town for all but 4 days in November.  Bit of a bummer to say the least.  So, yesterday morning he was about to leave to drive 2 hours to Chicago for a single meeting and then drive 2 hours back.  He looked at me and said "Do you want to come along?  We can get lunch afterward."  Naturally, I said yes.  I knew I had a lot to do, but knowing this was one of only four days I get to spend with him home, I had to take it.  We talked the whole drive and had a lovely lunch.  I used the time in the car while he was in his meeting to go over all my notes from my weekend workshops.  My joy came from not only the time spent with Deron, but also from the gratitude that I could actually drop everything and go with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment