Joy

Joy
Joy can be found anytime, anywhere.

Time is flying faster than Santa on Christmas eve!

I had no idea I hadn't written since Friday.  I think it's because I actually think everyday about what my joy is for that day and what I could write about.  This, of course, results in me thinking I actually wrote it sometimes.  I have always said my mind is like a blown glass trap. :)
So, this past weekend was nuts.  As many of you may be aware, the Midwest had a horrible storm pass through.  I woke up Saturday to a winter storm warning that progressed into a blizzard warning.  Normally, this would not phase me in the least on a Saturday morning.  Unfortunately, I was supposed to be traveling 2 hours south to Chicago that night for a Holiday Fundraiser Hafla.  Needless, to say, we did not make it.  But, some of my dance troupe members did go and were fortunate that the storm was not as bad as had been predicted.  So, I was very sad to miss it.  I know.... where am I going with this?  Well, instead, I stayed home, put a fire in the fireplace, listened to Christmas music, and played a fun game of monopoly with my family.  It was so much fun that when the older two girls came home from their retreat on Sunday, we played it again with all six of us.  Those 2 games of monopoly brought me more joy than any amount of dancing ever could. :)
Monday - OK... I know I seem to have a theme going here, but last night we played Life as a family.  Remember that my oldest is home for holiday break, so these little things mean a lot.  Any time all six of us do something together, it's a big deal.  Plus, we had the bonus of Monica's (my oldest) friend Anna came over to hang with us.  All in all, it was a great night.  Three family game nights in a row... that has to be a Kling family record.

No comments:

Post a Comment