Joy

Joy
Joy can be found anytime, anywhere.

365 Joyful Days

For my New Year's resolution this year I decided to vow to find the joy in each day, no matter how hard.  Well, here we are at the end of August and I find that there are days I forget to find the joy.  When things are breaking, kids are getting sick and money is tight I sometimes forget to find the joy in the day.  I sent my oldest daughter to college last week and I tell you I was also feeling old. {of course I do have 3 more girls to send off} I believe that God gives me moments of joy in every day, but it is up to me to find it.  So, in order to keep me honest and on task I have decided to find the joy in everyday and post it here for anyone who may need help finding the joy in their seemingly ordinary life.  My joys made be found in my family (my kids always crack me up), nature (who doesn't find joy in a hummingbird), a hobby (I love to belly dance), or a new discovery (genealogy is a never-ending path of discovery).  So, I here-by decree that I will find the joy in everyday... no matter how crappy it may seem to be one the surface.
My joy today has been the little hummingbird that comes to my window feeder throughout the day.  I swear she is looking at me.  This morning the feeder was too low for her to drink.  She hovered by the window looking at me sitting here at the computer wondering why the heck I hadn't filled it yet. {Yep - in my mind... hummingbirds are beaky.  Not as beaky as Chickadees, but beaky nonetheless.  I mean they ARE birds after all. }
So, today the joy of nature prevailed.  We shall see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment